Sleeping bags are about keeping you warm and comfortable in the winter as well as for minimizing weight while going camping. You can find some of the best winter sleeping bags here. When you are looking for a sleeping bag, look for the temperature rating on the bag which describes the lowest temperature at which the bag will keep the sleeper warm. The ratings are more probably used as a guide rather than a guarantee as metabolism varies from person to person and the ratings on the bags vary from one manufacturer to the other.
Best sleeping bag
Shape – Sleeping bags come in different shape. You might want to consider the shapes before buying yourself one.
1) Rectangular – Most of the sleeping bags come in rectangular shape to provide comfort and roominess to the sleeper. You can choose two bags with compatible zippers, and it’s easy to mate them and create a double bed.
2) Semi-rectangular – These types of sleeping bags are both used for camping and backpacking. They provide comfort, and there is still plenty of room for the sleeper.
These are the most restrictive bags as there is very less room so as to provide maximum warmth.
1) Synthetic Insulation – Most people choose this type of insulation as its affordable and durable. It dries quickly and insulates if it gets wet.
2) Goose Down Insulation – It is more durable and compressible than the synthetic insulation and is costlier.
3) Water Resistant Down Insulation – This type of bag is water resistant and protects the feathers from moisture.
1) Sleeping bag hood – Most people prefer this feature in the sleeping bag as a lot of heat is lost through your head. So, the hood keeps the sleeper warmer.
2) Stash Pocket – Some sleeping bags are accessorized with a pocket to keep small items, such as mobile phone, watch or glasses.
3) Pillow Pocket – Pillows help the sleeper to get a comfortable sleep. There is a pocket in the sleeping bag where you can stuff your clothes and it acts as a pillow.
1) Stuff Sack – A stuff sack is used to carry your sleeping bag easily
2) Storage Sack – If you want to prolong the life of your sleeping bag, store it in a cotton storage sack.
3) Sleeping bag liner – A sleeping bag liner will keep you even warmer and you can also keep the bag clean by using it.